Friday, May 15, 2015

Ron Everett - Glitter of the City (1977)


No doubt what brought you to this random, unvisited corner of the internet was a search for this album. I've seen this record around on the net for streaming, but nothing for download, so here's a relatively rare treat.

There's a lot of controversy and myth surrounding this album, both in its creation, distribution, selling, etc. But if your search for this specific album led you here, then you probably already know something about it. Google it if not.

It's also a beat-digger's delight as there are loads of excellent drum breaks in this far out ghetto Jazz album.

I take no credit for any of these records or rips. All the work has been done by others. But say 'hi' in the comments so I can know who's been lurking in the quietest corner of the universe.


8 comments:

  1. www86.zippyshare.com/v/V6SY7nIC/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW.... i was one month too late!
    and first comment... first downloader?

    'File has expired and does not exist anymore on this server'

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmm... Mega!

    Whut up, Masked Man?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same as always. I see your usual trolling of the dark side has led you to the darkest corner of the Internet.

      Delete
  4. Hi there Highplainsdrifter.
    I don't suppose you still have this Ron Everett - Glitter of the City Lp on file do you?
    If so any chance of re-upping please.
    Kind regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found this through your profile. I am digging all the content on both blogs and really respect you putting these together. I have gone through and thanked a lot on Eros but never expressed my gratitude. I came to jazz at early age while most cats were down with hiphop. I did hiphop later and was into blues... this stuff here... all this archiving and mixing and stuff that you are doing... all the giving and finding of grooves and ..man.. just gems has been magnificent. Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any chance of a re-up? Please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to hear this. A re-up would be really appreciated. Thanks

    ReplyDelete